Find a JamTrack You Want
First you’ll search for a JamTrack you want. You can use the help documents below to either:
Choose Your Free JamTrack
On the JamTracks search results page (pictured below), you can see the Get It Free orange buttons in the right column.
To get your free JamTrack, click the Get It Free button next to the JamTrack you want. You will then be presented with a screen to sign up with JamKazam (pictured below). We need you to sign up so that can associate your JamTrack with your account – i.e. so we know you have the right to use that JamTrack.
Sign Up for a Free JamKazam Account
You can either sign up using Facebook, or use your email address and a password. Once you’ve signed up, you will see a screen (pictured below) that confirms you have successfully redeemed your free JamTrack and provides a yellow text link to go to a page where you can download the free JamKazam application.
Click the yellow text link, and you’ll be taken to JamKazam’s app download page, where you can download either our free Windows or Mac app (pictured below).
Download the Free JamKazam App
There are several reasons why we provide our free app:
- Many musicians don’t have a DAW (digital audio workstation) app to work with multitrack recordings, and DAW apps tend to be pretty complicated.
- There are both technological and legal reasons why we use our app and our particular approach to process JamTracks.
- In addition to these reasons, our free app (and free Internet service) let you do things you can’t do in a DAW, like play online live in sync with other musicians, record and share videos of your performances, slow down playback of the JamTrack to practice and build up your speed, and much more.
Install the JamKazam App
On the download page, click the big blue button to download the app, open the download when complete, and:
- On Windows computers, follow the on-screen instructions to install the application.
- On Mac computers, you will see a window with just two icons displayed. Simply drag the JamKazam icon and drop it on the Applications folder to install the app, and then you can close the window with the icons.
Also, you might be interested to know that we are working on an iOS app now, so soon you’ll also be able to access your JamTracks from your iPhone or iPad!